Mr. Darcy

• Everlasting
    1 year ago

Does anyone keep contact with Mr. Darcy?

How is he doing? If you are reading this, I hope you are doing well and your son too.

• Mr. Darcy replied to Everlasting
    11 months ago

Hello,

Sorry for my absence.
    Unfortunately, life is extremely turbulent at the moment.

We were told last night that my son, Lucas, needs a liver transplant. He is going onto the national transplant list and will wait for approximately 3 months to find a suitable match. It's an awful time, really as I'm also going through a relationship break-up, a pending house sale and move.

Thanks for checking in. I don't always reach out when I should and, instead, retreat into myself.

I'll keep you all updated on this post, okay?

• ddavidd replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago, updated 11 months ago

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I was under the expression that I got the worst. Taking off my hat.
    All the best wishes.

• Everlasting replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Ah, Im sorry to hear that. I pray he gets a speedy recovery. A liver transplant? Man..

I understand if you don’t check in. You are going to through a lot. Please, do. Keep us updated. Even though I’m not one to reach out to all my friends, everyone is in my thoughts. You are one of those.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Obviously you're living proof that when it rains it pours acid.

I hope the waiting list shrinks, the house sells and the relationship resolves however is best.

That being said, if you want to talk about it, you have my number.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Hey, I know it isn't much but wanted to say I'm thinking of you. And thanks for checking in here. Sending my support and I hope that things get more steady soon and that there are better moments up ahead in regards to everything going on now.

• Star
    11 months ago

I’m really sorry to hear that Mr Darcy!
    I hope you get good news soon..
    Take care!

• Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Hi all,
    Not much to report. Lucas is still in ICU and each day is a struggle for him. God, I hate seeing him suffer.

• Everlasting
    11 months ago

What is some of the things Lucas likes the most?

Shows? Anime? Music?

• Mr. Darcy replied to Everlasting
    11 months ago

Hi, I'm replying from the parent's accommodation:

Lucas remains in ICU. Recently he has been having better days, but as he says, it's all relative. In truth his skin is dry and sore and it really difficult for him to find any comfort. As much as his 1-1 nursing team are wonderful, he has no privacy and dignity is something of a 'nice to have'
    His mum and I are just hoping he gets well enough to have the transplant he desperately needs.

Luce, so nice of you to ask. :)
    Lucas absolutely loves all of the above!! He chose American studies based mainly on the show, Hamilton. Part of his degree was spending 2 terms in Utar. Whilst here he made friends and became close to family there. This family really helped him when he fell seriously ill. They drove hours to a hospital and remained with him for a couple days and kept his mum and I updated throughout. Such wonderful people, who we owe so much and took Lucas in like one of their own.
    Other things he loves: Doctor Who and Marvel and a game called Slay the spire.

• Michael
    11 months ago

Hi Michael.

I am so sorry to read about your son Lucas. It must no doubt be an intense time for you and family.

Sending lots of love and I hope he recovers and you find what is needed for his health and wellbeing..

All my best wishes my friend.

Another Michael :)

11 months ago

Thank you for the updates and thinking of you all during this time. That's amazing he has such a good nursing team too. He sounds like such an incredible person and I love what you have shared with us about his studies and interests.

• Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Thank you for your kind words.

Lucas is now out of ICU. It is hoped that once he is free of infection, he'll go back on the transplant list. He needs one a.s.a.p. sometimes it's hard to remain positive.

11 months ago

Great news - but I know you're wanting more. Hope the infection clears quickly.

• Meena Krish replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Good news! Prayers for a speedy recovery and a donor to be available! Stay strong, stay positive..my thoughts and prayers are eith you abd your family..

11 months ago

Good to hear he's out of the ICU. Sending continued support and wishes that he gets a transplant quickly.

11 months ago

That’s great news. I don’t know how transplants work but why was he taken out of the list?

• Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Thank you everyone, it seems luck/ the gods, whoever is smiling down...
    We got the confirmation on Friday morning that a good liver had unexpectedly become available and although his health was not great *high temperature, suggesting an infection * this was too good an opportunity to waste. So, he had a 12 hour plus operation, which was very tricky due to his previous surgeries. He is now in an induced coma and on life support. We are hopeful of a full recovery, but the doctors say, these are very much early days.
    Anyway, this is very good news and I want to thank PnQs for your good wishes and more, you know who you are. I'll come back to update you when I know more. Love to all.

• BOB GALLO
    11 months ago, updated 11 months ago

O my God, what a heartwarming news!! Lots of blessings on your way. The best reason for being happy. Thanks for sharing.

11 months ago

Wonderful!!

• Rayven
    11 months ago

Great news Michael :)

• Meena Krish replied to Mr. Darcy
    11 months ago

Thank the Almighty! Great news! Thoughts and prayers for a healthy and speedy recovery..

• Star
    11 months ago

That's awesome news, I hope recovery is going well!

10 months ago

Such incredible news! Sending lots of support through his recovery.

9 months ago

Any updates? How’s he is doing? how are you doing?

• Kitty Cat Lady
    9 months ago

Unfortunately, Lucas' recovery has been riddled with complications. He's now been in hospital for over 5 months and it's been almost 2 months since his transplant and although the new liver is looking good, he has countless knock on issues due to his underlying conditions which are keeping him very poorly and it's heartbreaking for us ... wishing there was better news to share.
    It's been lovely to read all of your kind words to Michael. You're a lovely bunch!
    =^.^=

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    9 months ago

Thank you for letting us know what's going on, Kitty. Even as dire as the current situation, there is still hope. We are all ready with prayers, wishes and heartfelt concern.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    9 months ago

Hey, thinking of you all and will do so for awhile! You are all in our thoughts <3

• Kitty Cat Lady replied to Poet on the Piano
    8 months ago

Thank you ... now 6.5 months in hospital but there ARE improvements and Lucas is getting stronger and is a little more like himself these days. X
    =^.^=

• Poet on the Piano replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    8 months ago

That is so good to hear there are improvements! Hold on to that <3

• Everlasting replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    8 months ago

Thank you for letting us know. That’s great to read.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Kitty Cat Lady
    8 months ago

Wonderful! Thanks.