Which do you like better: poems that rhyme or poems that dont?

• My Obsεssion
    20 years ago

Please tell me cuz im just wondering. Most of mine dont rhyme so I'm kinda partial to the ones that don't but rhyming ones are good too. You can always read mine if you like poems that dont rhyme ;)

• bluehun
    20 years ago

i takes more thought to write a poem that dont rhyme poems that dont rhyme come from the heart i think neway,

• My Obsεssion
    20 years ago

Ya i think so too ;)

• [[●DareYouToMove●]]
    20 years ago

yea, i think that i like poems that rhyme better, all of mine rhyme.....

• heather
    19 years ago

i think that they r both good i just write how i feel poems dont have to rhyme

• East Poetry
    19 years ago

I like poems that rhyme more, unless the writer cant ryhme well, I hate seeing a sentence with 12 sylabols and the next weth 5, i think good ryhmes keep the sylabols of each sentence with in one or two of each other. if you can wright a peom with alot of meaning and heart behind it and still rhyme than my hats of to you. Dont get me wrong though the non ryhming poems are great too.

• heather
    19 years ago

I agree

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Rhyme..

• Lushed
    19 years ago

i dont know really. i like poems that rhyme..but i also like it when they dont.

i know that personally, i prefer to rhyme because the words just flow out and come with the rythem of it. but if i cant find a word, i wont rhyme for that particular line. but hey...i guess a lot of people like different things.. :)

• Atahan Tolunay
    19 years ago

Ok let's get something clear. If a poet rhymes it doesn't mean that he isnt putting thought into the poem. It doesn't mean he can't write from the heart. A good poet can write anything with or without rhyme, the rhyming doesn't set a limit. A good poet chooses to not rhyme not because he can't rhyme.

• krysten
    19 years ago

that dont

• HeAvENLy UniQue
    19 years ago

Both.

• Briana
    19 years ago

I think both. But I think that it also is decided on your preference and what you are feeling when you are writting the poem.

• Sinister Soire
    19 years ago

i like both because i feel that it isnt really possible to say which is more from the heart, i know personally that someof my poems i rhyme without thinking about it.. so i like both, but i know that doesnt really answer your question
    i guess if i had to choose i would go rhyming

• SilentSymphony
    19 years ago

I love poems that rhyme, dont get me wrong. but theres only so many words that rhyme. like try finding a word that would rhyme with Ontomontopoeia...wich by the way is like "BANG!" words of a noise put into writting) :p Hehe. dont think theres too many. but who would use Ontomontopoeia the word its self in a poem... :p. i think *previously stated* if it comes from the heart, without thinking as weather it rhymes or not, it sounds to yourself.. way better... because the feeling on where it came from. then again. i love both types. it all depends i guess.

• Kill The Complex
    19 years ago

In my Opinion i like both but poems that dont ryme i kinda like better.

it all depends on the feeling and message in the poem. i think you should just write what you feel whether it rhymes or not.

• Jenn
    19 years ago

well in my opinion peoms sound more realistic wen they dont ryme. Because if they ryme, they sound so, boring and bassically like you have a limit on words your trying to expess. because only so many words ryme, and it gets boring staying "in the boundries" writting poetry should mean somthing and have know boundries.

• Mollie
    19 years ago

Personally i like the rhyming poems those r the ones that tend to stick in my head and i may remember longer, and i write alot of rhyming poems, im my view i think people who don't rhyme may be takin the easy way out but then again people who do liek others have said just write the next line to rhyme with the other then it'll just sound corny but theres a fine line between good and bad poems but most of them arn't dictated by weather they rhyme or not but rather the message they're sending so i think it would be more of your prefrence whats better or not. Thats just my thoughts on it.
    Always,
    Mollie

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

I like both, but I'm more towards the non-rhyming line. Just a personal opinion though, coz I've seen some AWESOME rhyming poems.

• Nici
    19 years ago

I think that both types of poetry wrok well. Some poets only write in rhymes and others find this near impossible to do.

If the poem is of high quality is does not matter whether it rhymes or not as description and words used are of more importance.

Nici.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

I think both are good, I guess it depends on the poet. Sometimes mine don't rhyme but most times they do.

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

I tend to write rhyming poems, but as long as they flow well I like both sorts. I don't like it when people just seem to be writing down ideas, and they don't have any rhythm or pattern. I definately like to have something that 'links' my poem, be it rhymes, rhythm, pattern.

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

Ryhme is beautiful, it is electrifying and great. But i think poems that do not rhyme are not lesser. I think the issue of choice, philosophy, mood, and desire comes to play here.

• John Holley
    19 years ago

poems that rhyme show so much more skill than poems that dont. they r capable of saying the same thing non-rhyming poem say, but make it sound betta becuase of the rhyme.

• Lanie
    19 years ago

i like both...it is true that rhyming poems show skill but sometimes it depends on the mood, when you're mostly writing about love poems or sad ones rhyming won't be necessary (that's for me only) ehehehehe. anyways!!!! =)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I like both.
    I dont like when people force their poetry to rhyme, when its sort of out of the flow of of the poem in itself in order for it to rhyme, but to read either can be equally satitfying when well written and with the right choice of words. I guess some of us are better at rhyming our poetry while others are not - either way I can find appreciation for both kinds :o)
    Luv and Respect Eirisa xoxo

• Steven
    19 years ago

i think i like both... cause poem started off to be a rhymeing thing... and then they made it so deep it didn't even need to rhyme...

• Reem O
    19 years ago

ya will me 2 , cuz i think both as long it makes sence and has feelings

• My Mistakes
    19 years ago

i dont really think it matters. i write some poems that rhyme and some that dont. it just kinda depends on the mood that im in.

• My Mistakes
    19 years ago

JustPlainMe

i' ve read some of your stuff and quite frankly if you think its all that than you must be outta your mind. ive heard better and ive written better. actualy i think my two year old sister can do better than you.
    cheers.

• Gemini
    19 years ago

WOW....i applaude yu

• Minkus
    19 years ago

It depends on how well the poem is written either way. I like repeating, non-rhyming poems the best, which is mainly what I write. But if a writer can rhyme and still say what he/she wants to say, then that's great. I just hate it when the rhymes are forced, which most of mine are, I'm sorry to say.

• peter prescott
    19 years ago

im new to all of this but surely its a matter of writer preference and reader preference i try to make mine rhyme because thats the way i like them it isnt really important if a poem rhymes or not i think the most important thing is wether you the writer get pleasure from the way you write and the reader can relate to or understand the feelings your trying to express. a good poem isnt about wether it rhymes or not i think its about meaning feelings and expression but thats just my opinion

• Minkus
    19 years ago

Lol,

My feet are longfellows, and they show it.

I've heard that...

I'm fine with rhyming, but I do think it goes better with 'funny' poems. It's good for other stuff too as long as you can say what you want to say.

• Matt Pyke
    19 years ago

I think poems that rhyme flow better and it's harder to make other poems flow if they don't rhyme.

• -
    19 years ago

i like both. rhyming gives it a specific rhythm or watever, but sometimes it's easier to say what u need to say if u just come right out and say it...

• medicine:)ma
    19 years ago

i think they both sound really great if they come from the bottom of your heart

• Hayley Marie
    19 years ago

i try to rhyme mine! but if they dont i dont care! i like rhyming better to be honest! sometimes i think that if really long poems dont rhyme... they seem a bit of a story! theres nothing wrong with that! just sharing my views :D anyone agree with me???

• Chris Young
    19 years ago

Regarding the last post of JustPlainMe...

Ha ha ha, sorry man but I can't help it...

I took the liberty of checking your profile and from the questionably skunk-like streak in your hair, the jowls, and addmittedly your seeming intellectual capability I would judge your age to be a wee bit higher than FIFTEEN! Perhaps it is not possible for you to consider who you are insulting but let me ask you this...when you WERE in middle school, or whatever you guys call it down there, was it hard to insult the gramatical capabilities of younger kids? Did that really get you off as much as it seems to now or is it a more recent divergence from the norm? (and to nip this one in the butt, norm as in social norm - a sociological phenomenon)

Anyway, I was rather dissapointed with this line of posts as there was seemingly no effort in the insults: we all know you can do better than that big boy.

• Anthony
    19 years ago

I like ones that do rhyme better so there s my thought