Eyes are...

• Just That Girl
    17 years ago

Theres this quote that says:
    "Eyes are the windows to the soul..."
    What does it mean?!?

• Kalgalath
    17 years ago

i think that it means that eyes are so deep, if you will, that you are able to see into someones soul. people always say that eyes are beautiful and whatnot. and since you look out of them to see things if you look into them you are able to see your soul. thats about the best that im able to explain it.

• donna
    17 years ago

^ lol.. So true, You can see the 'real' person by looking into their eyes, they are the only part of Your body that gives away the person You really are. Pain, anger, happiness, sadness, fear, truth, lies, love, hate.. All these and so much more are seen in peoples eyes when looked in to closely.

• amandaa
    17 years ago

Eyes tell on you.
    Eyes are full of emotion.
    When someone's pasting on a happy face, you can tell that they feel crappy because their eyes show it.

Eyes show you how the soul is feeling.

• robin milford
    17 years ago

I believe a persons feelings can be seen in their eyes. I think that is what this quote means.

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

The soul can be seen in the eyes of a person.Otherwise meaning, you can tell a lot from really looking into the eyes of another.Eyes are very emotional, yet seem stationary.It is up to the interpretation of the one staring into those eyes...................

Gary Jurechka

• Lu
    17 years ago

Bump (Due to Spam)

• Deana
    17 years ago

I think if you look deep into a persons eyes you can often read the emotions there, if they are in pain it shows or if they are in love it shows if they want you it shows ,trying to read people is a hobby I like almost as much as poetry , trying to find that soul deep within their eyes!

• Bill Turner
    17 years ago

Eyes tell you so much about a person...if you look. Bob is right, most people don't take the time to look. Make eye contact during a conversation, or better yet, a moment of silence and the eyes will tell you so much....you will "see" the person in a different light....and feel what they are feeling.

As a society we have gotten away from that. So many people wear sunglasses when talking with another (rude) and it masks who they are. Our minds are hardwired to certain things...we want to see someone's eyes in communications...we like to shake hands...as it shows the other person isn't holding a weapon...our basic survival skills are hardwired into us. We tend to not like people who shake hands at introduction and don't reveal their eyes, particularly when indoors.

• Ashleigh Skye
    17 years ago

personally I think that this saying means in a person's eyes you are able to see the truth to what they acutally dont say

• Italian Stallion
    17 years ago

bump

• Christie
    17 years ago

that the eyes hold everything. someone can be smiling and chirpy, but with one look into their eyes, u can see something is wrong.

• Lori Groth
    17 years ago

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

~~~eyes are deceiving...

**they are so easy to fall in love with

==eyes are pure and if you look deeply into a person's eyes you can see the secrets in their soul

• Jessica
    17 years ago

~ I guess its like when you look someone in the eye and you know exactly whats wrong. When you look and you know what they're going to say without even saying it. When you look into someones eyes, you see their real self. The person who they're trying to hide comes out. Wow...i'm ranting. Anyway..that was my opinion!! lol

• amandaa
    17 years ago

eyes don't lie.
    They tell on you.

• Tammy
    17 years ago

Eyes are the first thing I notice about a person , then comes the smile ( I have a "nice teeth" fetish) LOL
    I believe that you can get so much more from a person by looking them in the eyes during a conversation. The eyes will tell you what is in a person's heart, be it love, anger, pain..whatever.
    I pay a lot of attention to the eyes and body language.

• ari
    17 years ago

I think it means that your every emotion is showcased in your eyes. The emotions you feel reverberating in your soul can be seen in your eyes. My eyes change color if I'm angry, tired, or when I cry. It's just an expression meanign that every 'unearthable' thing can be revealed, if you know where to look.

• Kristen
    17 years ago

I think it mean whatever they eyes see the heart feels and how ever you write your poems people can feel the feelings you put in them.

• RAWR.
    17 years ago

You can tell the person's emotions through their eyes.

• emmerz
    17 years ago

i think that your eyes are the only true thing about you. you can make your body a certain way to mask what youre feeling, but in the end, your eyes are the dead give away to it all. but it takes a special person to ignore what you want people to see and to really look you in the eye and see whats going on. thats another thing: you always look into someones eye when youre saying something important, its like they can hear what you say or feel what you do, but if they dont see you saying/doing it, then it becomes something someone forgets.
    sry, that may be kind of complicated lol

Emily

• Pianist
    17 years ago

Look into my eyes and feel my pain
    Look into my heart and know my shame
    Look into my mind and see what I see
    Look into my soul and you'll forgive me

For some reason that seemed relevant at the moment.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

I don't know..haha..lol

• X Kashies Misery X
    16 years ago

Yeah eyes are so expressive, u can tell a lot by looking threw someones eyes

• Viola
    16 years ago

You can tell a lot by looking through someone's eyes. but only if you pay attention and know what to look for.
    our eyes hold truth.

• MissAlyssaGraff
    16 years ago

I totally agree. You look into someones eyes, you can see their whole history, and their thoughts.

That is..

If you look deep enough.

• Deana
    16 years ago

I hate to play the devils advocate,but eyes can most definately lie,There are people who will look into your eyes and convince you that you are seeing love there when in fact it is part of the game they are running on you.If you know how to use them they can be a tool to decieve.

• icarus
    16 years ago

^^ very accurate statement. Nothing is absolute. And sadly if you don't doubt the honesty you see, there is a fairly good chance you will be taken advantage of in some way. still, the eyes can show a lot about what a person is thinking/feeling. I personally love eyes. Of course my avatar wouldn't give that away or anything.

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    16 years ago

It means that eyes are the window because it is the window to your soul people look into your eyes and can tell who you are.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

Yeah i think it means that your eyes cant lie, they show exactly what you are feeling at every moment, you can say that you are upset. you can say that you are fine. but your eyes always show the real you.

• Katrina
    16 years ago

I dont really know i guess your eyes can say a lot about you like you can sometimes see in peoples eyes if they are happy or sad

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    16 years ago

Your eyes can't lie. They tell everything.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Yes, some people are inhuman to the point that their eyes can lie.

• Jennycartoke
    16 years ago

Haha, that quote is only true for some people.
    Some people can show no emotion in their eyes, and other peoples eyes, tell the truth, when the mouth isn't.. Example..
    When you're really upset, and someone is like, "are you okay?"
    you're like, yeah, I'm fine... but your eyes tell a different story, they might scream out, I'M NOTT OKAYY!

• Vane
    16 years ago

I think it meas that eyes are like ur truest part...its like u cant control them emotionally ...i mean like u cant tell a lie looking into somebodys eyes cause ur eyes give it up...and when ur not feeling right...ur eyes dont lie

• xxSuicidalxx
    16 years ago

Eyes are basically the windows to the soul, you can see love or hate, or pain and sadness if you look deep enough..

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I think it means that even if someone says they are fine, you can truly tell how they feel but the look in their eyes, the way they look at you, it can send one million messages. eyes are truly the way to get to know someone. they let you see waht the person holds back.

• xXMohawkedMahemXx
    16 years ago

Eyes can tell numerous stories.. you look into the eyes of a happy person.. and you can see the joy.. however a mistreated or sad person you can see their pain... eyes tell alot.. simple as.. =]
    xx

• ilu
    16 years ago

Eyes for me is....the window to the inside world of someone else..

• Blackstar
    16 years ago

From who is this qoute if i can ask?

• Flynel
    16 years ago

I think it means.. uhhh. That you could see in them how that person is. If you know that person good.

Hmm difficult question..

That your eyes is the protection of your soul. Your eyes show the world how you are. And if you feel happy or sad. If you have pain or not.