looking back on your old poems......

• SHYSTY23KO
    17 years ago

how have they changes?

lol, i used to write such korny lil love poems!

• Normal is the Watchword
    17 years ago

Always changing. Always learning.

• Italian Stallion
    17 years ago

^ I agree

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

I want to delete them... lmfao!

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

My newer poems seem to express a bit more, they use more despritive wording and I've noticed how much better the flow is.

• xo kisses xo
    17 years ago

i hate some of my old poems...i posted some of them on here and they got some lllooowww ratings...lol.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

My poems used to suck, and now they suck less, but still somehow embrace the basic art of sucking.

• Gem
    17 years ago

I think i've changed a lot.
    But when i look back on my old poems, i don't cringe, i smile.

• RainbowSlider
    17 years ago

I really like Road's answer.

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

As we grow our poetry grows.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

I sucked. (lmfao)

• Sondos
    16 years ago

Sometimes I look back and say 'I wish I still wrote in that style'

Sometimes it's more of a 'Wow, as if I wrote that!'

But most of the time a couple make me cringe
    lol

• Emily
    16 years ago

I feel the same way, sometimes, when i lookk back at the poems i worte in the past some make me cringe...

• mohamed
    16 years ago

Its jus remind abt sad moments of my life...tats all nothing much

• ImmortalKitty
    16 years ago

I have been writing poetry since I was in the fourth grade. I have changed through seasons as you would say. I can now write anything my heart can feel. From my earliest poem that has not been destroyed or forgotton "skipping Rocks" to the most recent poems like, "Wasted Soul" You can see the increase even in the last year, of emotions and wording.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

I treasured them on my box..well haha..and i want to burn them out

• Taylor
    16 years ago

I seriously hate my old poems.
    i definetly learned alot in the past couple years.
    the more mature i get the more mature my poems get.

• Viola
    16 years ago

I treasure my old poetry because they hold the memories of a certain point in my life..and they express what I felt at that time. As someone else said above, I don't cringe, I smile.
    Though I do think my poetry has improved it does not hold any more meaning than my old poetry did.

--Viola

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

What a wonderful post! ^^^^^^

• Mr M
    16 years ago

Hahahaha...brit is so right! everyone lied to us.

I published many of my early poems as a collective work of writing during differnet times of my life. The object was to illustrate to the reader how our thoughts and feelings grow and how our writing is affected. It was amazing to see the growth from the first poem to the last.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

Some of my earlier poems are actually pretty good, but they get better as you continue writing. : )

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

You always learn and get better

• shade127
    16 years ago

The topics of my poems have matured as I have grown.

• XdangerouslyXgenuineX
    16 years ago

My poems have changed but i mean my old poems were pretty insightful...i mean yeah 3 years ago i didnt know about half the things i wrote but i knew enough to make a t least a good line in a poem.
    but yes my poems constantly change

• MissAlyssaGraff
    16 years ago

Agreed. my topics have matured as ive grown.

• EmptyEyes
    16 years ago

I don't like any of my poems ;;;

• Katrina
    16 years ago

Well i only just started writing so i really dont know

• Gary Jurechka
    16 years ago

My OLDEST poems have never seen print (or posting)- started out writing song lyrics that evolved into horrid poems. However on this site, I think my older ones (with a few new exceptions) are my better ones (most of these were printed in various literary journals or won awards in the '90's- this was when I was at my height of writing, but still I try!). In fact, I wish more people would read/comment on some of the older stuff. That said, I think as writer's, as poets, the more and longer we write, the better we become. I try to always try new forms, new styles, etc. to continue to grow as a poet.

Peace, Poetry & Power,

Gary Jurechka

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

I don't know. How many poems should you have before trying to judge?

• Amy Jo
    16 years ago

My old stuff was good, but I've learned to write better and different styles or different kinds of poems besides just life encounters or corny stuff

• Debbie
    16 years ago

"My old stuff is horrible. Looking on the comments are horrible, too. Now I know everyone LIED to me. Haha."

Britt, you just nailed it! Haha.

When I go over my previous works, I blush at how emotional and raw they are. But then, again... it's a wonderful thing to note how the changes with me and my writing go in sync.

• Lethmelodis
    16 years ago

I hate reading my older stuff. They all seemed rushed and a bit manic at times. I use to have extreme anti-political and angry themes in what I wrote, and I'm ashamed of most of it - thats why the majority of it is not longer on the site :)

• Tammie
    16 years ago

I look back and cringe on what I've written previously, compared to some of the stuff I now consider to be good, or good for me. But when I really think about it, back when I wrote those poems, I thought they were good, and that is truely how I felt. So I've just grown as a person, and a poet, in which each piece of mine is an expression of emotion. So I wouldn't want to throw them away or anything.

• Rachel
    16 years ago

I wasnt very good, I remember at the time however thinking that I was so great, haha. Hope I wont always look back at ALL of my poetry and feel that way, but I think I've improved!

• TinyDancer46
    16 years ago

My earlier poems were really cheesy... the rhyming sucked. And the topics were kind of immature. haha.

But then again, I'll probably look at the poems I'm writing NOW and be embarrassed.

I guess it's just never-ending... you progress with time & practice.

• fearose
    16 years ago

They were all sappy poems about how I wanted love in my life, blah, blah, sappy fantasies. Now that I have the love of my life, my poetry is more sincere and its improved greatly. He's helped inspire me.

• Dino Dhamphyr
    16 years ago

I believe i have really matured,Improved in every aspect. If you compare my earlier work with my latest you would see the difference....lol
    oh yea and I remember I use to use rhyming dictionaries all of the time lmao, i don't anymore, it just comes naturally now...

• X l i l T a n i X
    16 years ago

Lol i think i changed a bit and thats good

• XxBR0K3NxX
    16 years ago

THEY ALWAYS CHANGE. THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO SOUND BETTER THAN BEFORE TOO. AS ii KEEP WRiiTiiNG, THEY ARE STARTiiNG TO FLOW BETTER AND SOUND GOOD.

• Natalie84
    16 years ago

You learn and grow...I love ALL of my writing! You can see where you came from and where you're going...it's a beautiful thing!!!

My poetry has changed in many ways..."I" see improved because I've learned so much from members of this site and even on my own. Plus I like the sustance of my writing now...I write of my life where as when I first started I wrote of other people.