What do you think poetry is?

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

What do you believe poetry is? I believe poetry is a way of expressing your emotions, fears, dreams, how you feel, you know. It's in my opinion that poetry is one of the best forms of expressing how one feels. Feel free to say whatever you feel poetry is.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Literature in metrical form.

In other words: Bundling words together as we see fit.

• sibyllene
    17 years ago

abby loves alliteration : D heh heh heh

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

:) I like here definition of poetry, keep it up (I'm taking notes :D)

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

Poetry is the mirror of the soul. It is art, beauty, expression, self-therapy, meaning, emotion. It is whatever you want it to be.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Doesn't Darwin's positive energy make you smile?

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

I like you. Does that pain you to know?

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

I like what I know of you, miniscule as that knowledge may be.

Maybe someday I will email you, Darwin, but not this day.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

How true. Tomorrow has become today.

I don't believe in luck, Mr. Kemp, but I'll consider emailing you. You have found a potential friend.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

Poetry:

1/2 Talent
    1/2 Burden

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

I apreciate the opinions, I'm taking a survey on them. I have a similar post for Why do you Write Poetry, I'd apreciate it if you gave your opinion there too.

• xo kisses xo
    17 years ago

i believe that it is telling your felling...even if you can't show them. you might be an extremely happy person but you might write sad poetry cuz your too scared to let that show. its part talet and the rest it felling

xoxo kisses

• xo kisses xo
    17 years ago

i meant feelings! not felling...

xoxo kisses

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

keep the post coming, come on guys.

• Jason
    17 years ago

Poetry is an expression of a thought. The way it is expressed requires participation by the reader. The need for the readers' participation is what makes it unique. What makes a poem "work" is when the poem and the reader combine to reveal a truth that could not be revealed with any other expression.

If you have a minute to vote on my poem there is only one up there and I would love to hear your comments

• NytherHerenorTher The hooded poet
    17 years ago

Poetry is a away of relating the thoughts and feelings of a persons mind and heart to the reader, it suggest that you pay attention and try to look for the deeper meaning, or can be just a silly thought, either way poetry is the language of the soul

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

So far I love all the posts you've made on this thread, but we need to keep going :D

• Verdada
    17 years ago

What is poetry? Well to me and others might feel the same way. Poetry is something thats expressing emotions deep inside of, they just happen to come out in a rhyme form, through metaphors that are breath taking and describes your feelings in new ways. Basically anything you write, no matter what form its beautiful because its you shining through it.

Keyz

• Lori Lee
    17 years ago

Well, in my opinon...poetry is words that someone put together (sometimes they rhyme, sometimes they don't) to express how they were feeling, or what they see, or what they know.

• 19Rusty
    17 years ago

Poetry is expressing things by your own self in your own state of mind.

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    17 years ago

It is an art that only certain people can articulate ideas and thought and express themselves nto paper people who can write poetry no matter how simple are fairly talented id say :D

xxx alex xxx

• Espoirfailed
    17 years ago

I think it was an ancient roman, maybe horace, who said that poetry was words that could be written and rearranged and still be beautiful.

• Tracy D Rollings
    17 years ago

Its a way of letting your mind,heart and all your feeling come together at once to express you and what you feel and how you want to let it out. It's what you want it to be,it's like a human, it wants to heard and felt. Thats me , you might have other ideas. thanks your friend Tracy

• mohamed
    17 years ago

Poetry is the sweetest way to wrint over own bitter and happier moments of life and share with others.

• Thoughtless Consideration
    17 years ago

In the words of the great Emily Dickinson:
    "If I read a book and it makes my body so cold no fire ever can warm me, I know that is poetry."
    Poetry is...feeling. Emotion. YOu can't define it; that's what makes it poetry.
    Look the word "poetry" up in a definition. What do you find?
    A bunch of meaningless crap with no feelings.
    Poetry is different to everybody. Different people resond differently to different poems.
    It's...whatever you want it to be.
    That's why it's poetry.

• Thoughtless Consideration
    17 years ago

Oops, I meant to say dictionary, not "look the word poetry up in a definition"
    lol my bad.

• Christie
    17 years ago

Poetry is an expression.

• mohamed
    17 years ago

Way to show the beauty of words wen arrgend in a beautyfull manner..

• homebound
    16 years ago

I think poetry is emotions pulled from the deepest part on your heart and poored onto paper in a beautiful arrangement. Poetry is not forced but written when you have something pulling you down and you need to let it out.

• skynerraw
    16 years ago

Poetry is a way to express yourself

• alone in the crowd
    16 years ago

Poetry is your heart, mind and soul cooperating to write your biography.

• Melpomene
    16 years ago

^^

I Agree

• DeathlyAmore
    16 years ago

Wow. A concur as well. But adding to all that. Poetry is.. My effin Life.

• BREEawNUHH
    16 years ago

A story.

• david
    16 years ago

Yes, I strongly believe that poetry was always a way for people to express themselves.

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

Poetry is your emotions in words

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

I think a poem is whatever you intend the poem to be xx

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Poetry is art..well it is about expressing yourself..to show what can you do

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

It is something that comes fro mthe heart somethiing you are feeling

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

Poetry is something that comes frm the heart