Hate English, Love Poetry and Writing?

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

Do any of you guys get low grades in english or just hate it, but then you love to write poems and stories? or am i just wacked...
    -Cheerfully Cynical

• Nookie
    19 years ago

I sleep in English everyday. This is my teacher's first year, and he sucks. I don't like him at all, so I sleep.

But yet....I love to read...And I write poetry...

hmm...

Nookie..?

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

I hated English last year. My teacher was so mean. I mean, I used to get really good marks in it but then all of a sudden I was getting average marks. I used to love it but like you said Nookie, I sleep in English now.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

haha i dont SLEEP but i think because English is what the teacher likes and not really what you think is good so its hard to get a high mark...
    -Cheerfully Cynical

• bianca
    19 years ago

I HATE english with a passion, but my teacher rocks. she is the best teacher you could have shes like a sister and realizes i hate english but encourages me to write and read, she is the person who inspired me to start writing poetry.

• Your eyeliner is laughable
    19 years ago

I love english, but only one of my teachers was really great. She was so sarcastic and funny. Her lessons where a controlled riot. Me and my mate James used to put music on and play airguitar on the desks with ties tide round our heads. She didn't mind as long as we'd finished our work. I remember having one teacher who treated us like babies. My current english teacher is so boring. She doesn't understand that a 45 minute explanation of our task is not necesary. I do basically just sleep.

• Your eyeliner is laughable
    19 years ago

Yeah. Some people in my class are a bit loud. Sometimes funny, but a lot of the time they come out with completely horrible hurtful comments. One person in paricular is a lot of trouble. He was throwing acid around in science and stuff. In english once he hid in a big recycling bin in the corner of the classroom and tried to jump out halfway through a test. It kind of backfired though, he couldn't get back out properly and he and the bin fell over.

• Nookie
    19 years ago

To comment further, the kids in my class give this new guy SUCH a hard time, it's beyond ridiculous. I'm just like, eh that's what he gets for assigning juniors term papers...which is a senior thing, and not only that, but they are due after break, we got the assignment the week before we left. He made us work on the day before break, the ONLY class out of my six that made us. I curse him.

Nookie.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

JustPlainMe:
    Since I'm in 8th grade, english consists of more than just WRITING, it includes grammar, vocab, ect.
    I am a strait A student, I still get a pretty high mark in eniglish (A-), its just it is lower than all my other classes. You even said yourself in another post of mine that you haven't even bothered to read my stuff, so I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

have you noticed you are the only person who cares about spelling in these forums?!

• Not Bulletproof
    19 years ago

*Skips past arguement*

English is the only thing I'm getting an A in this year, and same with last year. =) I don't get many English classes though, because I'm in French Immersion. I hate my English teacher, because he doesn't give us like, the basics of words and stuff, the past 3 years my english teachers didn't. I don't think we've even had a spelling lesson. I don't hate English...I'm sure if I had the proper teachers I'd adore it. I think that's always what it is, just the teachers and the way it is taught.

-Mortalidaga
    xxTakeCarexx

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

I like english, I get average grades... but I can't write stories, or journals. Just mind boggling paragraphs and Poetry? ... I think I only get good grades because I argue with the teacher until I'm pleased with my grade. He's a push-over.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

yea, I really should try arguing too, my best friend, who is the majority of my classes, including english, does that and she always seems to get her way lol. Also, I think I have to get to know what style of writing my teacher likes because when she edits mine with me, she says she doesn't see any errors in spelling, punctuation, grammer, ect.. Then, she doesn't tell me any way I can improve and then I end up getting a 5- out of a 6 rubric when she gives out 6+'s to half the class like there is no tomarrow.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I like english but i like writing and poetry way more. like. the stuff we learn in english doesnt really relate to me so i dont really care to much about it.

• azii
    16 years ago

No. You're not alone. I feel the same way. I hate english, and love poetry and writing .. so yh

• lish
    16 years ago

Yess i hate it, english makes me want to sleep

i accually write poems in english when im not listening lol the teacher hates it but he cant get up me cause i tell him its part of english.

• Jennycartoke
    16 years ago

I guess it depends on what kind of english teacher you have. If it's a teacher that does a lot of creative writing, then I'm sure if you love writing and poety, that'd be a good class for you..
    But if it's like, let's read the 100 worst short stories in history, then yeah, nap time.

• Tiny Reader
    16 years ago

I loved English while I was at school, yet hated my teacher. She disagreed with every single one of my opinions in English literature and tried to get me to write about hers. In my exam I wrote exactly what she disagreed with throughout the 2 years she taught me and I got a grade A. :D

• Tricky Daze
    16 years ago

I always loved english like my native language
    I always have the highest grade comparing to my class at english exams
    English is not a language for me; it is my life style

• Veamm
    16 years ago

I love english since the day that i learned the first word and im still practicing it now, well in my country if you know english its a great advantage specially if you are looking for a good job, well i love english and i love to speak it, for me if you can speak good english your cool and for me its talent..haha maybe,,but for me i don't know if my english is good? haha^^

• ECILA ice
    16 years ago

I'm guilty (but not totally) hehehe!! well i know sometimes my grammar and my english sucks (oh goodness at my age?!) ,but i don't hate english neither get low grades during my english classes (mediocre, if that's how u call it) but i'd rather memorize all the formulas and compute (just kidding).. honestly, i'm still practicing it. poetry? yep i love it so much, ever since i started to write poems i've learned to embrace each words coz it help me express all the unexpressed feelings.. it became my friend when some of my friends were so busy..

• ECILA ice
    16 years ago

I'm guilty (but not totally) hehehe!! well i know sometimes my grammar and my english sucks (oh goodness at my age?!) ,but i don't hate english neither get low grades during my english classes (mediocre, if that's how u call it) but i'd rather memorize all the formulas and compute (just kidding).. honestly, i'm still practicing it. poetry? yep i love it so much, ever since i started to write poems i've learned to embrace each words coz it help me express all the unexpressed feelings.. it became my friend when some of my friends were so busy..

• Sarah Hutt
    16 years ago

Im not a fan of english but i love to write whenever i can

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

I absolutely hate and despise English class. The teachers always assume: 'Hey, a young man. He must be inexplicably bad at English. He probably is even illiterate!' So they are so condescending and if you show them an ounce of writing ability then they place unreasonable expectations upon you.

• SuicideNotes2Poems
    16 years ago

Ha lol i have like a D in english but i love it but i hate the school standards you have to fit in to like my teacher is way to picky