Does everyone feel like this?

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Does anyone just feel like no matter how hard they try their poetry just sucks but have a passion for it?

• Gem
    16 years ago

Every time i write =)

• SpEcIaLmE
    16 years ago

All the time onli a few of poems r actually good

• Viola
    16 years ago

I don't necessarily think they suck. Definitely that they could be better. But as long as you have the passion, then keep at it.

--Viola

• xxSuicidalxx
    16 years ago

Yep.....I agree i think thats normal

• AlyssaBrook
    16 years ago

Yes!
    I often feel that way. As if I have a lack of inspiration.
    =/

• Tammie
    16 years ago

I think that usually most times I write, I'm happy and proud of my result. Sometimes they suck with form and the technicalities, but they have a lot of emotion.

Other times, I can think it's the best thing I've ever written, until the next time I write something better, and realise that it actually was pretty crap. Or I read someone else's that is so much better than mine, and it just makes me feel like mine suck. Which compared to them, they do. Aha.

• Corinne
    16 years ago

Every writer goes through that feeling. The important thing is to not let that paralyze you and keep you from writing. Otherwise, as soon as you start to write you'll be chanting in your head "This sucks, this is crap" and you won't be doing yourself any favors. Know that the more you write, the chances are you'll improve

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    16 years ago

Often I write a poem and am like I hate it, Why did I write such crap. yup xx alex xx

• Void
    16 years ago

Well I don't necissarily think that my poems are the worst in the world, but it's true, I don't think there's anything special about them. Infact, I still strive to be so much better. I still feel like a beginner.
    But the fact of the matter is, I mostly feel this way because no amount of words I can write ever seem to justify what I'm feeling or what I'm going through at the time. They might to somebody else because it's not their words they've poured out, so they have nothing to measure it up with.
    Hmm, I hope you understand that.

• RobinAnn13
    16 years ago

Yeah, that's why I always ask my friends what they think first.

• twistedlover
    16 years ago

My opinion and only reason i write my poetry is to get away, to escape all the pain and emotion
    cuz im supposed to be a prep
    supposed to be a jock
    so im not supposed 2 have emotions

• Nykkiicia Cion
    16 years ago

I feel like that sumtimes...but i just write wat i feel anyways so in the end it still helps to cleanse me, so even if it sux, its still great in that regard

• Nick who Plays Pool
    16 years ago

Yeppers! Same here :D

• JanaeNae
    16 years ago

Yep yep yep
    thats mee!!

:/

• Brittany
    16 years ago

I agree with the people who say it's normal to feel like your poems do not compare to others you've read.
    I've often felt the same way.
    But just keep writing because really you do it for yourself, not others, and you will improve.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Yeah!

• Dustin
    16 years ago

Yes, I feel like that, but you have to listen to what others say about your work, and im not talking about family and friends. The people that you dont know will be the best ones to tell you how your work is.

• MorbidCupcake
    16 years ago

Its all in your head. If thats the way you view yourself, thats what youll be.

• T uh Belle lll
    16 years ago

I do feel like that when I write it, but then I look back at what I've written a few month later, it's amazing to see how well I can relate to what I wrote.

Because they are my deepest thoughts.

• Brittany
    16 years ago

I agree with the person who said you've got to listen to the people you don't know. It is true that they will always give the most honest critiques because they are not afraid of offending you.

I mean, never stop writing. It is for you, as I said in my previous post, but take critiques in stride because they will definitely help you out if you're aiming to be a better poet.

• Ashley
    16 years ago

Yes... but then again i do suck!

• Becca
    16 years ago

I don't think they suck. I think some are better than others and that I can always do better... you know, GROW!

But then again we are our worst critics right?

• Samantha
    16 years ago

Yeah its normal

• Kimmie
    16 years ago

Always

• DAM
    16 years ago

Nope never

• Adelle
    16 years ago

I always feel like this

• Cheshire Kat
    16 years ago

Sometimes it varies. I often feel "oh my god, what the hell did i just write?!?!" and than erase everything I had written...But then later on I think "I know how I can improve this!" and then I go back and jot out how to make it seem better.

All poets--in my opinion--have those times when they hate what they write, and then imagine how what their writing ever seems good. But there are lots of people out there who enjoy your poems, as I find lately....^^

• Craig Ward
    16 years ago

I think most people feel this way. I think the reason is because most poetry could be improved upon after the first writing. I use this feeling to motivate myself to proofread and revise. keep working on it until you are either A completely satisfied, or B completely disatisfied

• Spoken Silence
    16 years ago

Well everytime you write you actually do get better. But if you may think you suck (which is what I think, I think I suck at it) But if someone else reads it, this could be the best poem ever. So look at your poems in another persons perspective.
    -SS

• ari
    16 years ago

I feel like that for a lot of my old stuff. It's like I have a better style now, and I don't want to associate myself with the crap I wrote before. I only like a select few of my poems anyway, though, so maybe its not a big deal.

• xXMohawkedMahemXx
    16 years ago

Yes.. and I feel like no one appreciates it either... =[
    xx

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

Nah sorry good luck on this

• Alex D
    16 years ago

I used to, but I haven't had negative feed back in a long while and I haven't published poem I wasn't satisfied with. So I can't say that I do anymore.

• khate
    16 years ago

I think its normal,..^_^,cause i feel that way too,.

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

Yeah sometimes

but its ok

xx