Quotes (again)

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

“No heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.”
    The Alchemist by Paulo Coelo

• Poet on the Piano replied to Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

"My demons are not remotely tackled, they're just mildly concussed."
    - Amy Adams' character in the show "Sharp Objects"

• Sunshine
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style”

- Maya Angelou

• silvershoes
    5 years ago

We plan, God laughs. - old Yiddish proverb

• D.
    5 years ago

“The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering.”

Tom Waits

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

They say that the seeds of what we will do are in all of us but it always seemed to me that in those who make jokes in life the seeds are covered in better soil and with a higher grade of manure.
    -Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast

• Sunshine

“Writing is not about the voices in your head, but the voices that make the great leap to the page.”

- J.H. Glaze

• Lost One
    5 years ago

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

• Ben Pickard

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

- Sheryl Crow

• Poet on the Piano

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace."
    ~ Chuck Palahniuk

• Larry Chamberlin
    5 years ago

Don’t worry, be happy.

- Meyer Baba
    - Bob Marley
    - Bobby McFerrin

• Everlasting
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

The word 'belief' is a difficult thing for me. I don't believe. I must have a reason for a certain hypothesis. Either I know a thing, and then I know it - I don't need to believe it.
    Carl Jung

We deem those happy who from the experience of life have learnt to bear its ills without being overcome by them.
    Carl Jung

Art is a kind of innate drive that seizes a human being and makes him its instrument. The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purpose through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is "man" in a higher sense— he is "collective man"— one who carries and shapes the unconscious, psychic forms of mankind.
    C.G. Jung

• Milly Hayward

J.K Rowling's books have changed the world in ways she probably never imagined when she first set off writing. Whether you hate them or love them they have crossed the boundaries of age and continent and produced some incredibly powerful quotes and in times where old values are fading she reminded us of the importance of honesty, honour, bravery, friendship and family, that its ok to be different and that even the smallest of light's can eventually overcome darkness.

Quotes from her books and evidence that people still love Harry Potter are still everywhere even all these years later as can be seen by the enormous trade in Harry potter merchandises still for sale on the internet.

Here are just a few of the quotes in no particular order (the first being I feel one of the most iconic)

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" (Dumbledore)

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open" (Dumbledore)

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” (Dumbledore)

“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” (Dumbledore)

"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure." (Luna Lovegrove)

"People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right. (Dumbledore)

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love" (Dumbledore)

• ddavidd
    4 years ago

"Whenever we finish talking to ourselves the world is always as it should be.  We renew it, we kindle it with life, we uphold it with our internal talk.  Not only that, but we also choose our paths as we talk to ourselves.  Thus we repeat the same choices over and over until the day we die, because we keep on repeating the same internal talk over and over until the day we die."
    ~ A Separate Reality, Carlos Castaneda ~

• prasanna

“No art is possible without a dance with death, he wrote.”
    - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

• ddavidd
    4 years ago

"The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives."

~ Albert Einstein ~

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~
    ( even Albert Einstein's perspective of time was linear) DD.

• ddavidd

Meaning isn't separate from the matter. There are not separation in the meaning; separation is only in our minds. time is not gradual we observe it that way. Our minds can not process everything at once. The quidity that seems one of the phenomenon in fact includes ( modifies ) all other phenomenons, and all other phenomenons are only the manifestation of the same meaning- quidity- phonomenon. The separation in time, space...meanings are only cerebral. DD.

• ddavidd

DD's blog::
    Do not trust people who teach you fear or being politically correct, when the politics are corrupted and are incorrect!!

• Everlasting
    4 years ago

It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself.
    Salvador Dali

• ddavidd
    4 years ago

Hahahaha so delightful!!
    You made my moment!!

• prasanna

“But how could you live and have no story to tell?”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, White Nights

• ddavidd
    4 years ago

I love Dosoevsky

My youngest son asked me a great philosophical question that the mankind has been struggling with since the dawn of civilization, why I flushed his great circular poop.

~~Facebook wisdom