Jane has earned her Masters in Social Work
    summa cum laude!

You earned it!

• Meena Krish replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Congratulations Jane!!!!

• Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago

So immensely proud of and happy for you, Jane!! Any plans to celebrate??

• prasanna
    4 years ago

Congrats!!

• Sunshine
    3 years ago

Congratulations Jane <3

• silvershoes
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Oh wow, thanks Larry! And thank you all! Celebrations have been subdued, but I can't complain. It's still been wonderful. My commencement was done virtually because of the pandemic. I wore my cap and gown and popped champagne after my name was called. A few friends sent gifts and my partner surprised me with a beautiful bouquet, a bottle of amaretto, and a heartfelt card. My parents came to visit, which was very sweet, but we had to be very careful. We put them in the loft above our garage and tried to social distance. We interacted strictly outside. We barbecued, went on a hike, had a bonfire, etc. It was nice weather. My mom gifted me her old dual sport motorcycle, which is an enormous gift and very generous. I've been relearning how to ride it. I got my motorcycle license 15 years ago and have only ridden one a handful of times since then. What else... it's a tough time to look for work, so I'm trying to enjoy the free time and I'm doing home improvements. Hopefully this pandemic is over in a couple of months and I'll be able to start my career as a social worker.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to silvershoes
    3 years ago

^ “it's a tough time to look for work”

What?!
    Are we not paying you enough at PnQ?

• Hellon
    3 years ago

Well done Jane! So happy for you and, you know what...you must be one of the first to graduate virtually so, on a positive note, what a story for your grandkids :)

• nouriguess
    3 years ago

Hahah, Larry. She should get a raise in here, now that she's got her masters.

Jane, Jane, Jane. Whatever I'm about to say, well, you know it. You're smart. You're special. You're compassionate, patient, giving, humble. A person I wish I could meet and hang out with. I congratulated you twice already, but I want PnQ to know what I think of you: You're a perfect human being and an awesome friend and you deserve all the happiness and success of the world. <3

Can't wait to congratulate you on your PhD. ;)

• Darren replied to nouriguess
    3 years ago

Congrats and well done Jane.

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Awesome applesauce Jane! You rock girl! Congratulations!

• BOB GALLO
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Congratulation Jane. It is a great achievement and the best age for it. I knew you had it in you. I remember when I got my first PhD was engulfed with pride. I wasn't as gracious and humble as you are. I made lots of noises until I woke up and remembered it was all a dream. So applause for making my dream your reality. .

• silvershoes
    3 years ago

Thank you all so much! I really mean it. I'm humbled. DD, your comment made me laugh :)

• Thomas
    3 years ago

Congratulations, Jane! That's a fantastic achievement!

• Italian Stallion
    3 years ago

Jane, congratulations my friend.

• Ya----Na
    3 years ago

Congratulations Jane