Does Anyone Have the link to download all your poems?

• Milly Hayward
    2 years ago

I know its been posted before somewhere but I just can't find it. So would be very grateful if anyone could post it here.
    Thank you in advance. Milly x

• prasanna replied to Milly Hayward
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Backed it up for you!

• Milly Hayward replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

Thank you really appreciate your help. Can you tell me is there any way to download and keep the comments to and do the wins and HMs disappear when you close an account?

• prasanna

Doesn't save comments, no. If you close your accounts, all your wins/hms/poems will be deleted. The only thing that will remain is any comments you left on any one else's page, and any forum posts you've made.

Edit: If you want to save comments, you can go through all your poems one by one and right click press the save as page, and save it like that.

2 years ago

I didn't realise. I don' t want to lose all of that so I guess a change of plan for me Thank you very much for letting me know.

• Everlasting replied to Milly Hayward
    2 years ago

yeah, it's not an easy task to save all the comments

• prasanna

I had some free time, so I was able to add backing up comments on your poem as well,

If anyone else wants their stuff backed up, just send me a message, will be happy to do it.

• Everlasting
    2 years ago

Me too. Please!

2 years ago

Thank you so much. That was really very kind of you to take the time to do that for me. It was such a lovely surprise to find it there. That really made my day x

• prasanna replied to Everlasting
    2 years ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hUwr_Em3QuvBOjzJnKpnl7aqp-jMj7IP/view?usp=sharing

• Larry Chamberlin replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

Mark. you're amazing

• Meena Krish replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

Mark you are a genius!!

• Everlasting replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

Thank you Mark! I’ll download it to my desktop as soon as I can.

• Everlasting
    2 years ago

Mark! That was so cool. I downloaded the file and I never realized that I have so many poems starting with "Oh "

• abracadabra
    2 years ago

Dayum, hiraeth.

You’re hot.

• abracadabra
    2 years ago

Omg just remembered I’m not a 22yo on this site anymore and hiraeth is probably like one of those helpful 14yo computer geeks just trying to get through his day without being sexually harassed online. I apologise, I’m a bit out of touch in these forums.

• prasanna replied to abracadabra

Hah, no harm done.

Speaking of being a geek, I had some free time and if anyone is on Windows, and wanted a copy of the backup tool:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-nnfTIIa9R9oCEC0yLcfEBzNQ6Z131D_/view?usp=sharing

Please note that you may be warned that the file is a virus (it's not, google & microsoft will say that about any program that hasn't been commonly downloaded), upon downloading and you may need to press keep download (on chrome, at least). When you run the program it may prompt you about Smart Screen not being able to recognize the program, just click more info, and press run anyway.

You'll be greeted by a small screen, where you'll copy and paste the link to your profile account: https://www.poems-and-quotes.com/poets/507104 for instance, or the numeric portion 507104, and you can optionally set up the directory of where you want to save the zip file containing the backup, if you don't set up a directory, it'll just save in the same folder of where you downloaded this program. Then you'll press Backup! and it'll run along and backup the files for you, and once it's done a popup message will appear telling you it's completed.

It roughly took about 5 minutes to back up Luce's work which had a total of ~1300 files (poems/comments + quotes). If the program for whatever reason freezes, just let it keep running and the popup message will come up whenever it's done backing up.

• cassie hughes replied to prasanna
    2 years ago

Thanks so much for this Hiraeth. It took less than a minute to back up all of mine.

• abracadabra
    2 years ago

Hiraeth. Thank you. Your knowledge and efforts are so useful.

*squee*

• nouriguess
    2 years ago

Abby, you’re friggin’ hilarious.

• silvershoes replied to abracadabra
    2 years ago

I get what Abby is saying here. Mark, your brain/aptitude/helpfulness is hot. Really, it speaks volumes about your character that you'd take the time to do this for PnQ and its members. Thank you.