Do you let out your feelings on this site?

• ♥Diana Cardero ©♥
    17 years ago

Hey everyone,

well the only way for to truly express myself is in poetry, and in this site. I don't understand why though, because when your sad you don't really like it to show, but here i feel different and just let it all out.

How do you feel?

• donna
    17 years ago

I hate showing my feelings to anyone.. I do it through my poems though, I might talk about the outline of problems on here too, but never really go into detail lol

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    17 years ago

I don't voice it, I show it through my poems. Everything my poems are is what I am.

xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex

• Jen
    17 years ago

I think that its just because the majority of people on here dont actually know you so they cant really judge you from it because all they see is the poems and not the person behind them, so i think this acts as a barrier because you are communication through the screen with your poems, yet if you got your poetry book out and shown it to somebody face to face i reckon that you wiuld find it much more difficult to express them.

~*~Jen~*~

• Noir
    17 years ago

Do I let out my feelings on this site?

Let me ask you this

What am I feeling right now?

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

I don't write for this site-I write for myself(I wrote for 15 years before I even considered getting published).As my bio says, 'I don't just write my poems, I live them.'I'm only here for feedback and to more importantly to hopefully help others.Poetry is a therapy for me, it allows the expression of things I normally wouldn't say.For example, reading my poems one would think I was terminally depressed or something, yet I am an optimist and maybe that is why I write, to get those feelings out of my system and allow me a new perspective..I just know I love to write and always have.It has gotten me through some rough times.I write for the passion of writing, of expressing my heart and soul.Plus every writer wants to connect emotionally or mentally with like minded souls-you don't feel so alone then.My poems are only a part of me-there is much more, but they give a good definition of how I feel, who I was, who I am, who I hope to be, and where I am going.

Gary Jurechka

• Catherine
    17 years ago

This is a website for other poets to read your work. I have noticed poets think diffrently about this stuff then regular people.

if you'll read my poems, you notice they are sad. Well, msot of them. During two of the poems (Only You and Unknown to You) I wrote today, I almost cried.

See, there is a story to this. I am only twelve. I have an older twin, and an older brother. They hate me. My mom seems to be on their side. she is getting mad at me, even when they start a fight or try to pick on me, and she upsets me and I evnetually go crying to my room. More then once I have called my Dad and asked him to come and get me and take me to his house. Last summer, when this happend, Brigid had really scared me. So I got really upset and called my Dad. my step mom came, and I started crying hystericaly. Then I tell her that my step sister and AIM friend had suggested I jsut move in wit them.
    I really want to. Just thinking about it upsets me, but I have to consider my happiness, and my safety. Brigid and ax (sibs) scare the shit outta me, and they know Karate. So yes they scare me, and they pick on me, and they hit me, and kick me, oh the list goes on and on. ou get the point.
    This isrelly difficult to discuss, but it's good talking to people who, I hope, are listening.

thnx
    Catherine

• Void
    17 years ago

Well. It's a good question. Though, in all honesty you guys know much more about, my past, my feelings, my regrets (anything along those lines) then my friends do.
    I don't tell you guys much at all, but I tell you more than alot of people. When I say that, I mean through poetry and these boards.Mind you I don't even put some of my poetry up here. The more personal ones I keep hidden. (That's right, they get even more personal. Who knew?)On the boards is where I vent sometimes. I don't tell much detail, nor do I tell All that is bothering me; but atleast I speak. I guess talking to strangers is easier... ?

• ashley
    17 years ago

people always complain about me not talking and closing up on them....but im not talking about my past it brings back too many things i wanna avoid...but here i kno other people aroud the world go through the same thing so i feel like im helpin them out by kinda in a way letting them no thur not alone....but my feelings pour out faster than river water on this site!!

• HuggyQueenofCookies
    17 years ago

I hate showing the way I feel to most people..I trusted in someone once before...JTHM...but yeah we broke up after a year...Poems really help me let alot of $%^# out..this site helps me talk and open myself to an other person's opinion and I like helping out others with there issues too...on this site I have realized I'm not alone when it comes to the way I feel, and I shouldn't be afraid to show it once in a while.....thanks

xox

~~Ally

• Kristen
    17 years ago

exactly i express myself in my poetry and i also to my friends on this site. But i feel like no one understands what i am going threw at school plus at home and it is hard to just come out and say it so they ask me little by little questions and i tell them little by little...

• Deana
    17 years ago

On this site and in real life too, I`ve come to realize that I want people to know me for who I really am not some front I put on to disquise the real me. I value honesty more and more!

• Mommy And Me
    17 years ago

Sometimes i hold so much of it in. that i use P&Q to get out what i am feelings. but most of all i let out my feelings through my poetry.

-Terra

• Niky
    17 years ago

yeh ai guess your right...i never used to write but then again i never looked liek i was depressed i jus think alot wen im alone...and then one day i told a friend n hoesntly no1 thinks i have problems i come across as the happiest person in the world...but my friend suggested i should try write out my feelings and i did...n now even if im happy wen i go to rite its always something depressin i cant seem to rite happy things...guess when u rite yr deepest true feelings come out....n this site has helped me because i cant talk to anyone about it or i chose not to n knwoin people are readin my work makes me feel like its gettin out you know wht i mean?

• Gem
    17 years ago

Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't.
    Most poems are a reflection of what i was feeling as i wrote them.
    Others are just a topic i thought of one day, or saw somewhere and i wrote about it.
    It depends on what you write about i think
    =)

• Unseen Exposure
    17 years ago

i used to let it all out here as well, most of us feel comfortable sharing our thoughts here because we don't know eachother and we won't be brutally judged by those we don't know. also, even though we may not know it, we're all desperately looking for someone to relate to ... this site gives us that opportunity.

• InterviewWithTheKat
    17 years ago

i really agree.
    'walking alone' was a poem i could not share with anyone else.
    i have friends but i'm never really wanted around,
    or get invited places, or have fun like a normal person. family life is also another matter...
    i've read so many diiferent poems, and some people really let off steam on this site.
    so many about self hate.
    to see so many talented people this sad is depressing.
    kat-xxx-

• BrokenREALiTy
    17 years ago

Like many have posted, I don`t like showing my feelings to people . I have a huge social life -- And it affects how I feel towards others` . Being that I`m very good friends with every guy I know, many people like to use me to get to people; especially the girls . So in public, I don`t express how I feel unless with my trusted, and close/real friends . I don`t trust people with my feelings about my personal life, and what happens . Like how I write about love all the time -- My love life ; I rarely ever talk about . So I share my poetry with them only, then I post them here . I used to write just for me, but now I write for my friends -- no matter what people think of my poetry .When I foudn poetry, I found a way to express myself . And like Gary up there seyd , "I don`t just write my poems; i LiVE THEM."

• Jordan
    17 years ago

Generally I write about whatever comes to mind. It usually isn't about how I feel...unless it's about society, in which case I fuel it with sarcasm or anger.

• ABake
    17 years ago

I don't like to tell people how I feel in the open. So I express my feelings through my poetry. On this site, people can't really judge you because they are on this website for the same reason I am. They have poems that express there feelings to, so there is nothing to be ashamed about.

xoxo

• pozinthenoise
    17 years ago

I agree... People say i'm not expressive, that often, i act so weird. But here, I know nobody could really call me weird because i am expressive here in a way mouth is closed.

• Sandra D
    17 years ago

i always write what im feeling, because sometimes i can't tell ne1. mostly in fear of what they'll think of me. or if i have no1 to talk to and i have really strong feelings about something, i'll write it out.

• Tainted Butterfly
    17 years ago

I am pretty expressive and let my feelings known about most things in person.

On this site--well writing is an escape for me. Some of my best poetry comes from immense feelings of saddness that I feel or divine inspiration. Sometimes I vent and write something and that's good enough for me. If I didn't let my feelings out...I would never be a writer.

• riverangel
    17 years ago

I will only write about what I live and feel. It is only a part of me able to express my thoughts in otherways are not possible.

• The Crappy Poet
    17 years ago

Yes, I know people wont really judge me...and if they do it isn't like they are going to be seeing me at school and talking to me about anything

• rene
    17 years ago

out loud i really dont express my emotions, i really dont get very mad easly, and when i do i dont let it out. sooner or latter it goes away(mostly cause i forgot) and i let it go. the only way you can actully tell how i feel is if you read my poetry...which not many people do...even on here...not many people comment or vote...i have alot of view..but still.

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    17 years ago

I like to think that if you're not letting your feelings out here, you're not in any position to be here. And if you can write to a degree where people are unsure whether you're letting your emotions out, you're in exactly the right place. Or they're not.

• Hunter Scott
    17 years ago

For me, writting poems is a creative way to get good ideas out. I like to be philisophical, and therefor I write alot of my poems about the meaning of life. When I start a poem, I usually get a couple of words that sound good together randomly, like in the shower or when I'm asleep. Then I build on that, and about halfway through I figure out what the poem is about.

• TheWorldFellNUWerentThere
    17 years ago

Surprisingly yes I do write alot about me and how I'm feeing that day. I can just sit down on the computer and sit there for hours and have nothing come to mind while theres many days where I can write alot of poems. This site has let me learn more about myself and how I'm feeling then I wouldve if I havent joined this site. I was actually looking at this site maybe 5 months before I signed up and I thought maybe that people would enjoy to read my poetry and help them through things i've already went through.

I'm just gonna end lke this. Yes I do let my Feelings out on this site and it helped me become a better writer and person myself.

Sorry abou the writing the computer keyboard is like not working right today. lol.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    17 years ago

i came out on this website. This website first knew i was gay. This website is my home, my life. I live here, i strive here. I treat the people like family. Poetry is family. If you don't let your feelings out on a poetry website, then you shouldn't be here. Feelings aren't meant to be hidden, they are meant to be revealed. ♥

• KemistryKia
    17 years ago

writing relieves me of anything. writing just comes very easy to me (not to boast) but its like i can write all day. so writing helps me cope and everything else. i can do something that i know i'm good at and i think thats why i came on here, just to do something i want to do. with the demands of the world, this is just a reliever as i said.

• DarkPoetess
    17 years ago

I post my poetry on this site, and my poems (with the exception of one or two) are my life put to verse so I can let go of how I feel when I happen to be writing. So yes indirectly I let my emotions out. The people on here who read my poetry probably understand how I was feeling at a given time better than my closest friends did. Why? because all they can see is my raw emotion, not the me trying to cover it up. You don't judge me for who I am through my poetry and if you do I don't have to deal with the crap if I don't want to.
    I don't care what anyone says poetry is feeling and the telling of that feeling or event because there is the absence of someone to talk to about it. When we write we release our inner selves are we are healthier, happier people for it. If this isn't how you write, then your writings aren't from your heart, and in that case you may be someone who writes, but I refuse to call you a writer.
    KT

• Hatori
    17 years ago

I don't show my feelings to anyone. I kinda hint what I'm thinking, but I still remain a shadow that nobody knows much about.

• Dark Demise
    17 years ago

I dont show my emotions to people online... I do threw my poems, but not on the ones I post on here, I just show aspects of things on this site,

• Isabelle
    17 years ago

Some of the things I write are my real feelings but others aren't. I guess I can never tell what I'm going to write. And, since I don't really know anybody on here, somehow I feel like I can say just about whatever and it won't matter. Because they don't know me in real life. That's just how I feel....

• lost in lovee
    17 years ago

yea i love 2 write poems bout wat im going through it helps me alot im very outgoing but i jst cant express my feelings good nd my poems help me wit dat.

• MyDevotion
    17 years ago

Absolutly! every single poem i create is off of impulse from emotion or a memory i dug deep to pull out just for the writing!

• Roxy
    17 years ago

Yes, In perspective I love to write poetry It lets out a side of me that i hide from others...xoxroxyxox

• Gauraw Patil
    17 years ago

I love to express my feelings through my poems... But I do not post all my poems... Because I don't like to show my feeling to others...

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

I let my feelings out on paper and usually paper ends up in this site so yeah i let my feelings out on this site.