How do you decide what to write about?

• Alec
    17 years ago

I'm a fairly good writer but I need help choosing a topic!!!

• MorbidCupcake
    17 years ago

I listen to music that I really luv and get inspired, or I jus wait til something exciting or intense happens to me, and I jus write.

• Isabelle
    17 years ago

I just go outside, and look at the sunset. Look at the trees whisling. Feel the winter air on my face. I go to school every day. I come home and write about my problems and non-issues. Just think about a subject, and then desribe it.

• Melissa
    17 years ago

For me, it's all about inspiration. Whether it be a feeling, a conversation, a person, or nature etc... But I don't go around looking for it, I just let it fall upon me as if it came from somewhere worth writing about. I find that the more I contemplate on what topic I should scribble, I lose all insight. So my advice it to just let it happen, don't force it! And really believe in whatever you choose.

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I get inspired by everyday life, then try to pick a topic new an interesting, then combine them. That's usually my pick.

• Bridget
    17 years ago

sometimes when i write, i dont't even think of a topic or have any clue at all what I'm going to write about. But i start writing anyway.. just sit there with your pen and paper and start writing, and it will all evolve into something.

• Jen
    17 years ago

i dont usually have a topic i just have a rhyme in my head about things happening around me and then the topic comes clear after i have wrote a few more lines on it,
    it sounds wierd but i never usually have a topic in mind, unless i have aimed to write the poem for some one or as a challenge =]

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

Music helps set the mood. Same when writing stories.

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    17 years ago

inspiration comes naturally. you can't force it. sometimes a challenge. or a challenge from life. that's usually what inspires me. might be an ego thing.

• Ashleigh Skye
    17 years ago

I normally just write about what I feel

• N J Thornton
    17 years ago

I get a niggling feeling in the back of my mind. it usually swims around in there for a day or so until I have the time to do anything with it.
    It's usually some strange occurance in the street, or even a line on a TV programe that starts me off, weird where inspiration comes from.

• Mo
    17 years ago

Sometimes when you're listening to music or walking around somewhere or you hear someone talking about something - you can get topics or one line that just sticks in your head. Those things that stand out are usually standing out because they mean something to you. Dont trust your brain to remember it tho - write it down - you can always throw it out later if you dont like it but if its lost in your memory it very rarely comes back in all its original glory! :) Good luck!

• Boy
    17 years ago

when heart fills with sorrow when a storm of words tease inside heartthen person wants to write. this is the symbol of good poet. i think a person cannot decide wat to write about. it his heart mood and feelings whihc make him writing. so truly and deeply

• Boy
    17 years ago

when heart fills with sorrow when a storm of words tease inside heartthen person wants to write. this is the symbol of good poet. i think a person cannot decide wat to write about. it his heart mood and feelings whihc make him writing. so truly and deeply

• Boy
    17 years ago

that problem was wiht me too. but now i overcome this.
    when heart fills with sorrow when a storm of words tease inside heartthen person wants to write. this is the symbol of good poet. so listen your heart dear. you will automatically choose the topic.

• Turtle
    17 years ago

The easiest way to get inspired, for me, is to write down your passion. It might be in the moment, it might not be, it might be hate, love, contentment, religion, or having a blissful life despite it all. I think that writing spur of the moment is awesome, but can be not so great to the reader. One would believe the poem is amazing because of their emotion poured into writing it, but without structure or a logical way to follow it the reader loses interest quickly. To get a balance of structure and passion, write about something that you can be passionate about frequently and use the inbetween time to create a structure of some sort. It has to be challenging to be good I always say.

• RavishingEruption
    17 years ago

I have had some love life problems and he was my inspiration for most of my poems. Do wutever ur passtionate about! glad I could help!

• barbara
    17 years ago

if you need help choosing a topic think about something that you have a lot of feelings about...something that churns your emotions at the simple mention of it....that is where you will find some of the best writings and a few new topics...i recommend something that is still hurting you...that way you can write and begin to heal at the same time...

• Deana
    17 years ago

I think my best poems just come from some emotion I`m feeling,but sometimes it can just be a statement someone says or a picture I see but I think its just the way us wanna be poets think everything is a poem.

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

Write about your feelings and life experiences.

• Patience
    16 years ago

For me when i write i don't feel like i just pick a topic , you should just write about an idea or something that comes to mind but then again if you do have a good topic you should write about it

• DAYLON
    16 years ago

I just go with what I am feeling and don't worry about the spelling as the spelling and grammar can be edited later. As I have mild dyslexia it helps me to bring different style to my poetry. So don't worry what to write just write what you feel that is important to you. End of the day it your feelings.

• lish
    16 years ago

Somtimes i wont write for 3 months, i only write when i feel it.

sometimes i will write 6 or 7 a day.

• the simple girl
    16 years ago

I don't decide to write, I let it come to me. Thats when I it comes out right.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Yeah..same with me

• njabulo b
    16 years ago

Think thouroghly about the topic that best sweet what you want to write about, it will just come especially if you writing about that you know or experiance